Risen Savior’s Kindergarten program is designed to stimulate children’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical development. The following are some of the goals that are emphasized: The awareness of values, attitudes and capabilities as an individual and as a member of a group. Children's experiences about family structure, cultural diversity, socialization, cooperative learning, empathy and following tasks through to completion are also emphasized.
During small and large group work times, classes offer a variety of academic challenges in literacy, numeracy, science, anti-bias education, social studies, visual arts, music and physical education in conjunction with the Arizona Academic Standards.
Working together, the staff has created an integrated curriculum that coincides with the capabilities and needs of the Kindergarten age child. Class size is kept small to ensure that the children receive maximum individual attention. The environment is set up to accommodate different abilities and learning styles. Risen Savior offers full day Kindergarten program with extended care available.
- School Year: Third Monday in July - Friday before Memorial Day
- Holidays: Labor Day, Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day, Thanksgiving and Friday after, Christmas Eve through New Years Day, MLK Day, President's Day
- Eligibility: Children entering Kindergarten must be five by December 31.
- Annual Tuition: $9625 (offset by scholarships through ACSTO and other Arizona scholarship tuition organizations)
- Extended Day: $195/month 7am - 8:30am and 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Enrollment: Register here.
Scholarships are available that could possibly reduce your tuition costs to zero! As an enrollee at Risen Savior's Kindergarten, your student is eligible to receive a scholarship from ACSTO - Arizona Christian Scholarship Tuition Organization. For more information and to fill out an application click here.
Kindergarten students can also reserve funds received beyond Kindergarten. Arizona allows students in K-12 to receive scholarships funded through tax credit donations to attend private schools. Christ-centered schools are free if you really work at it!